David W. Kostohryz, Jr., DDS, MD
Diplomate American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Dr. Kostohryz is a native of Fort Worth and a graduate of Trinity Valley School and Texas Christian University. He attended the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Dental School and Medical School. In 2005, he was awarded his DDS and in 2009 his MD degrees. Dr. Kostohryz completed a six-year oral and maxillofacial surgery residency program in 2011 at the University of Texas Dental Branch, Houston Health Science Center. He was Chief Resident his final year and is now a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Dr. Kostohryz’s hospital affiliations and privileges include the following:
- Baylor All Saints Hospital
- Cook Children’s Medical Center
- Fort Worth Surgery Center
- Undergraduate School: Texas Christian University, Bachelor of Science, Biology
- Dental School: University of Texas Branch at Houston, DDS
- Medical School: University of Texas at Houston Medical School, MD
- Residency Training: University of Texas Dental Branch at Houston
- Diplomate American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- Southwest Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (SWSOMS)
- Texas Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (TSOMS)
- American Medical Association member (AMA)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Texas Dental Association (TDA)
- Fort Worth District Dental Society (FWDDS)
- Academy of Osseointegration (AO)
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID)
Achievements and Contributions:
- Director Under 10 for Fort Worth District Dental Society (2012-13)
- To be published (2015) Kostohryz DW, Malis DD, Marchena JM; Byrne: Atlas of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. Chapter- Management of Mandible Fractures
- Trinity Valley School Alumni Board
- Chair of Trinity Valley School Alumni Development Committee
- Texas Christian University Clark Society Board Member
- Edward C. Hinds Foundation Board Member
Hobbies and Family:
- Spending time with his beautiful wife and two amazing children
- Fort Worth First United Methodist Church
- Avid runner
- Attempts to play golf
- Loves anything TCU sports related
- TCU Young Alumni
- Trinity Valley School Alumni group
Let us know
How We Can Help
I have the worst fear of doing anything with my teeth. Dr. k and his staff really knew how to make me feel comfortable and assured me that I was in the right hands. I had the best experience here and it definitely changed the way I dental treatment in the future. Thank you to the staff that were professional, punctual and so very kind. And a big thank you to Dr. K for taking such great care of me!! Highly recommend!!
Would love to rate much much higher than 5 stars! From the second I was welcomed, I felt like family. Dr.Runyon and his staff, were more than accommodating to my needs. Got me in immediately (less than 24 hours) for wisdom teeth extraction. Dr. Runyon even called me the night of, during his personal time to check up on me. I had no swelling- and even went to work the next day! Thank you all for all of your hard work. It doesn’t go unnoticed. ♥️
Best experience I have had with dentist / oral surgeon. Dr. Kostohryz did a phenomenal job helping my dad with his teeth extraction.
Initial interactions were professional and thorough, I had two extractions for implants. My bone structure was good so no need for a bone graft. Dr. ScheidimenExplained the process in simplistic terms. The whole process took about 30-40 minutes. Shawna, my nurse patiently answered all of my questions and concerns. This was a very positive procedure. I am grateful to the team.
No nonsense, get er done dentist office made ya feel like everything will be OK, and they were right. Good job to all of you thank you. I will use yall for all my dentist stuff.
Dr. Kostohryz and all his staff are great Highly recommend! You'll be in great hands!
I always have a hard time with dentists. I hate the tools and most of the time, I feel as if the staff is constantly judging me but the staff here is amazing! I came in today(they fit me in within 2 days) for wisdom tooth removal after an infection. My jaw had been shifted, couldn’t eat, constantly in pain but they put me to sleep, pulled the two teeth, and walked me out to my car. All done within 15 minutes. I’m in no pain at all and even got a checkup text from Dr. Scheideman. I still have two more wisdom teeth to be pulled so I will DEFINITELY be using them again!
Dr. Scheideman and his staff were fantastic! I had a wisdom tooth infection and horrible pain and my dentist referred me to FWOS. They were able to fit me in for a consult within 2 hours of my dentist calling, which was amazing. Yesterday I had all 4 wisdom teeth extracted. The nurse/tech (I think her name was Jennifer) was super friendly and confirmed all my information and put me at ease to prep me for surgery. Dr. Scheideman checked on me before we started and was very comforting. He even numbed the spot on my arm where the IV was placed so I literally felt no pain for the entire procedure. I woke up a little dizzy and numb but pain free. I was sent home with thorough instructions, pain medication, and aftercare supplies. Dr. Scheideman even texted me to check in on me the next day. I am shocked how little pain and swelling I've had, and I feel surprisingly good! Obviously I hope to never have oral surgery again but if I did I would run to FWOS. 10 of 10. Would recommend!
Dr. Kostohryz is wonderful. He is so kind and it's obvious that he genuinely cares about his patients. His entire team was great. From check in to check out the service was excellent. Highly recommend FWOS.
I have have one tooth at a time pulled.A good thing I wear a mask when in public. Not working now so I can have teeth pulled over period of time. I have been tramatized and spent fortune on root canals, caps etc over many years. I am now 72 and have receding gums, caps falling off etc. I think God for Dr. Scheidleman. He is brilliant and he CARES about his patients.He is patient and gentle. I feel confident and I am not scared. Five more to pull then implants. Thank you Dr. Scheidleman and God Bless. His office team also 😃👍 great.